U.S. Women's Chamber of Commerce | 10th Anniversary
We extend a big thanks to all the U.S. Women's Chamber of Commerce members
and friends who attended our 10th Anniversary meeting and reception. This
meeting was a great success and we could not have done it without you!
Below are the highlights! (Our thanks to Erin Prangley of AAUW for the photographs below)
(Scroll to the bottom of this page to see photos submitted by our attendees. . . stop back as we add more photos!)
WOSB NATIONAL COUNCIL MEETING
- Great educational session including a broad array of input from federal
agencies. We focused extensively on the different types of market
research, RFPs, RFIs, and Sources Sought notifications -- and discussed how
to best leverage the support of agency small business offices to maximize
your federal contracting success.
- One-On-One Meetings with a huge turn out from federal agencies and prime
TAKING OUR VIEWS TO THE HILL
- USWCC Members and attendees took our message to The Hill with great
success. We heard back from several of our members and attendees that
they were able to meet with either their elected representatives or key
staff members. And, several came away with commitments to assist us
with our next steps to open the doors wider to women-owned small businesses
seeking access to federal contracts.
- Reception and Awards. Following Hill meetings, we met back at the
Rayburn Building. Margot Dorfman, CEO of the U.S. Women's Chamber of
Commerce, announced award winners (see list below).
- Congresswoman Nydia M. Velázquez celebrated the USWCC 10th Anniversary by reading a congratulations into the official Congressional record and presented the USWCC with a beautiful plaque commemorating our anniversary.
- Vice President Biden sent his best wishes and congratulations with a letter to the USWCC.
SAVE THE DATES!
Please register now for the following regional federal contracting meetings:
And, if your firm is new to federal contracting -- or seeking a deeper level
of education, please register for our upcoming
Ready Training and Certification.
- Lisa Maatz, American Association of University Women
- Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro
- Linda Morgan, Nossaman LLP (formerly of Covington & Burling)
- Sarah Wilson, Covington & Burling
- Alan Pemberton, Covington & Burling
- Congresswoman Nydia Velazquez
- Joyce Geyser
- Scott Farmer, The Kinetix Group
- Robert Blaney, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Tyler Norton
- Cindy Demers, The Dial Corporation
- Mark Harrison, Venable LLP
- Linda Wright (formerly with NAVAC)
- Sherry Cohen, U.S. Dept of Agriculture
- Vikki Hawthorne, U.S. Defense Logistics Agency
- Diane Dempsey, BAE
- Debbie Ridgely, (formerly with HHS)
- Kevin Boshears, U.S. Deaparment of Homeland Security
- Tracey Pinson, U.S. Deparment of the Army
- U.S. Dept of Agriculture
- U.S. Dept of Air Force
- U.S. Dept of Army
- U.S. Dept of Commerce
- U.S. Defense Logistics Agency
- U.S. Dept of Defense
- U.S. Dept of Education
- U.S. Dept of Energy
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- General Services Administration
- U.S. Dept of Health & Human Service
- U.S. Dept of Homeland Security
- U.S. Dept of Interior
- U.S. Dept of Justice
- U.S. Dept of Labor
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- U.S. Dept of Navy
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- U.S. Dept of State
- U.S. Dept of Transportation
- U.S. Dept of Treasury
- U.S. Postal Service
- U.S. Dept of Veteran Affairs
- Washington Services Agency
- USAID U.S. Agency for International Development
- Smithsonian Institution
- Weston Solutions
- Lockheed Martin
- Nova Sipe, Sipe & Associates
- Cris Young, Hudson Fasteners
- Lawrie Hollingsworth, Asset Recovery Technologies Inc.
- Holly Andrews, T3w Business Solutions, Inc.
- Lisa Carman, T3w Business Solutions, Inc.
- Andrea D'Aoust, Brokerage Services International
- Suzanne Sargent, Brokerage Services International
- Janette Davis, USWCC Money
Photos submitted by attendees:
Team Virginia speaking with Rep Frank Wolf. He kept mentioning "we have no money" we let him know we weren't asking for more, just a better chance at access to what was there.